- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Behind every masterpiece is a story.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 2017-09-15
- Runtime: 106.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $0.9 million
- Production Companies: Black Label Media
Cast & Crew
Nicholas Hoult, Kevin Spacey, Victor Garber, Hope Davis, Zoey Deutch, Lucy Boynton, Brian d’Arcy James, Eric Bogosian, Bernard White, Jefferson Mays, Will Rogers, Sarah Paulson, James Urbaniak, Caitlin Mehner, Anna Bullard, Keenan Jolliff, Kristine Froseth, Adam Busch, David Berman, Amy Rutberg, Evan Hall, Jimmy Smagula, Celeste Arias, Alyssa May Gold, Francesca Root, Dodson, Dana Drori, Jenny Ashman, Naian González Norvind
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Rebel in the Rye”
Rebel in the Rye is a 2017 biopic about the life of author J.D. Salinger, the author of the classic novel The Catcher in the Rye. The film follows Salinger’s life from his early days as a young writer in New York City to his later years as a recluse in rural New Hampshire.
The film begins with a young J.D. Salinger (Nicholas Hoult) struggling to find his voice as a writer. He is rejected by publishers, and his stories are met with little enthusiasm. With the encouragement of his mentor, Whit Burnett (Kevin Spacey), Salinger perseveres and eventually publishes his first story in a magazine. His writing catches the attention of the literary world, and Salinger begins to gain recognition.
Salinger continues to write and publish stories, but his personal life is in turmoil. He is drafted into the Army and sent to fight in World War II, where he is scarred by the horrors of war. After returning home, he begins to struggle with mental illness and withdraws from society.
Salinger’s writing career takes off, and he publishes The Catcher in the Rye, which quickly becomes a classic. However, the newfound fame and attention are too much for Salinger to handle. He retreats to a small cabin in rural New Hampshire, becoming a recluse and shunning the public spotlight.
The film ends with Salinger’s death in 2010
Where to Watch “Rebel in the Rye”
If you are wondering where to watch “Rebel in the Rye”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Rebel in the Rye” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Rebel in the Rye” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Rebel in the Rye