- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: They can hear a cloud pass overhead, the rhythm of your blood. They can track you by yesterday’s shadow. They can tear the scream from your throat.
- Genres: Horror, Thriller
- Release Date: 1981-07-24
- Runtime: 115.0 min
- Budget: $17.0 million
- Revenue: $10.6 million
- Production Companies: Orion Pictures, King, Hitzig Productions
Cast & Crew
Albert Finney, Diane Venora, Edward James Olmos, Gregory Hines, Tom Noonan, Dick O’Neill, Dehl Berti, Peter Michael Goetz, Sam Gray, Ralph Bell, Max M. Brown, Anne Marie Pohtamo, Sarah Felder, Reginald VelJohnson, James Tolkan, John McCurry, Chris Manor, Donald Symington, Jeffery Ware, E. Brian Dean, Jeffery V. Thompson, Victor Arnold, Frank Adonis, Richard Minchenberg, Raymond Serra, Thomas Ryan, Tony Latham, David Connell, Jery Hewitt, Roy Brocksmith, Michael Wadleigh, Joaquin Rainbow, John Ferraro, Rino Thunder, Glenn Benoit, Eddy Navas, Ricky Hawkeye, Pete Dyer, Paul Skyhorse, Gordon Eagle, Javier First, Day, Of, Light, George Stonefish, Julie Evening Lilly, Jane Lind, Annie Gagen, Max Goff, Cullen Johnson, Robert L. King, Robert Moberly, Caitlin O’Heaney, Tony Stratta, William Sheridan, Linda Gary, Charles Howerton, Burr DeBenning, Corey Burton, Patricia Parris, Andre Stojka, Dan Sturkie, Mel Welles, Diane Bivens, Robert Dahdah, Daniel D. Halleck, Angel Ramirez Jr.-Tom Waits
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Wolfen”
Wolfen is a horror/thriller movie released in 1981. The movie is set in New York City and follows a detective named Dewey Wilson (Albert Finney) who is investigating a series of mysterious and brutal murders. The victims are found with their bodies ripped apart and partially eaten, leading Dewey to suspect a wild animal.
The investigation leads Dewey to a Native American tribe called the Wampanoag, who believe the attacks are being carried out by a mythical creature called the Wolfen. The tribe’s elder, Eddie Holt (Edward James Olmos), gives Dewey a special amulet to protect him from the creature.
Dewey soon discovers that the Wolfen is a real creature, a hybrid of wolf and human, created by a secret government project. The Wolfen is an incredibly powerful creature, capable of killing humans with ease.
Dewey and his partner, Rebecca Neff (Diane Venora), must now hunt down the Wolfen before it kills again. As they get closer to the truth, they come face to face with the creature and must use all their skills and resources to survive.
The movie ends with Dewey and Rebecca surviving the encounter and the Wolfen being killed. The movie is a thrilling and suspenseful horror/thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Where to Watch “Wolfen”
If you are wondering where to watch “Wolfen”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Wolfen” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Wolfen” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Wolfen