- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: All the music. All the stories. All the answers.
- Genres: Music, Documentary
- Release Date: 2018-07-05
- Runtime: 120.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $1.3 million
- Production Companies: Lightbox Entertainment, Altitude Film Entertainment, Happy Street Entertainment
Cast & Crew
Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, Cissy Houston, Clive Davis, L.A. Reid, Kevin Costner, Dionne Warwick, Bobbi Kristina Brown, Nelson Mandela, Marvin Gaye, Kenneth Edmonds, Robyn Crawford, Dee Dee Warwick, Rickey Minor, Michael Houston, John Russell Houston Jr.-Ray Watson, Lynne Volkman, Arsenio Hall, Steven Gittelman, Kevin Stea, Gary Garland, Byron Allen, David Letterman, Michael Jackson, Gary Collins, Merv Griffin, Alan Jacobs
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Whitney”
Whitney is a 2018 documentary about the life and career of the late singer and actress, Whitney Houston. Directed by Kevin Macdonald, the film is a candid and intimate look at the life of the iconic superstar.
The film begins with a look at Whitney’s childhood growing up in a musical family in Newark, New Jersey. It follows her rise to fame as a teen, her meteoric rise to superstardom, and her struggles with drugs and alcohol.
The film features archival footage, home movies, and interviews with family members, friends, and colleagues. It also includes never-before-seen footage of Whitney in the recording studio and on stage.
The documentary looks at the pressures of fame and the impact it had on Whitney’s life. It examines her relationships with her family, her friends, and her husband Bobby Brown. It explores her struggles with addiction and her eventual death at the age of 48.
The film also looks at the legacy of Whitney’s music and her enduring influence on popular culture. It features interviews with those who knew her best, including her brother, mother, and daughter.
Whitney is an intimate and powerful look at the life of a superstar, and the struggles she faced behind the scenes. It is a poignant and moving portrait of a woman whose life was cut tragically short.
Where to Watch “Whitney”
If you are wondering where to watch “Whitney”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Whitney” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Whitney” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Whitney