- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Your best friend could be your worst enemy.
- Genres: Drama, Mystery, Thriller
- Release Date: 2005-10-07
- Runtime: 107.0 min
- Budget: $25.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Serendipity Point Films, Téléfilm Canada, The Movie Network, First Choice Films, Movie Central, Ego Film Arts
Cast & Crew
Kevin Bacon, Colin Firth, Alison Lohman, David Hayman, Rachel Blanchard, Maury Chaykin, Sonja Bennett, Kristin Adams, Deborah Grover, Beau Starr, Arsinée Khanjian, Gabrielle Rose, Don McKellar, David Hemblen, John Moraitis, Michael J. Reynolds, Erika Rosenbaum, Rebecca Davis, Simon Sinn, Kathryn Winslow, Stuart Hughes, Shannon Lawson, Sarah Wateridge, Kate Harrell, Vee Vimolmal, Seán Cullen, Rosalba Martinni, Brian Frank, Aliska Malish, Audrey Dwyer, Michael Bennett Leroux, Anna Silk
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Where the Truth Lies”
Where the Truth Lies is a 2005 mystery thriller directed by Atom Egoyan. The story follows two former comedy partners, Vince Collins (Kevin Bacon) and Lanny Morris (Colin Firth), who were once the hottest act in show business. After a young woman is found dead in their hotel suite in the 1950s, the duo split up and never speak to each other again.
Fifteen years later, a young journalist, Alison (Alison Lohman), is determined to uncover the truth behind the mysterious death. She discovers a web of lies, secrets, and betrayal that will force her to confront her own demons. She is determined to find out what really happened that night and why Vince and Lanny will not speak to each other.
Alison’s investigation leads her to a series of interviews with people from their past, including their former manager (David Hayman) and a former lover (Rachel Blanchard). She also discovers that Vince and Lanny’s relationship was much more than a professional partnership. As she gets closer to the truth, Alison finds herself drawn into a dangerous web of lies and deceit.
The film follows Alison as she pieces together the truth behind the mysterious death and the secrets that Vince and Lanny have been keeping from each other. In the end, she is forced to confront the truth and make a decision about what to do with the information she has uncovered. Where the Truth Lies is a thrilling and suspenseful
Where to Watch “Where the Truth Lies”
If you are wondering where to watch “Where the Truth Lies”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Where the Truth Lies” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Where the Truth Lies” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Where the Truth Lies