- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Set in 1974 and based on true events.
- Genres: Thriller, Drama, Horror
- Release Date: 2012-01-31
- Runtime: 86.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $1.2 million
- Production Companies: Kintop Pictures
Cast & Crew
Steven Waddington, Kate Ashfield, Jo Hartley, Tasha Connor, Molly Windsor, Craig Parkinson, Andrea Lowe, Martin Compston, Gary Lewis, Hannah Clifford, Tony Pitts, Ross Mullan, Matt Connor, Martina McClements, Peter Egan, Hester Evans, Graham Hornsby, Kelsey Louise Stephenson, Karl Haynes, Jim Millea, Nathan Morrisroe, Katie Lockwood, Cajun Sanderson, Morgan Connell, Jacob Clarke, Nicky Bell, Emma Hewitt, Wayne Ewart, Samantha Blakely, Claire Catterson, Josie Owen, Sean Corey, Alan Brent, Andy Wilby, Doreen Robinson
Synopsis – What to Expect from “When the Lights Went Out”
When the Lights Went Out is a 2012 British horror film set in 1974, in the small Yorkshire mining town of Yorkshire. The film follows a family of four, the Maynards, who move into a house that has been abandoned for many years.
The family soon discovers that their new home is haunted by a malevolent spirit, and strange and terrifying events begin to occur. As the family struggles to cope with the supernatural happenings, they must also contend with the local superstitions and folklore surrounding the house.
The Maynards soon learn that the spirit is that of a young girl named Sally, who died in the house in tragic circumstances. As they investigate her death, they discover that the townspeople are keeping a dark secret, and they must confront the truth in order to save themselves from the spirit that haunts their home.
The Maynards must battle the spirit in order to protect their family and their home. As the family comes together to fight the supernatural forces, they must also grapple with their own fears and beliefs about the spirit.
The film is a suspenseful and chilling horror story that is sure to keep viewers on the edge of their seats. With its intense atmosphere and gripping story, When the Lights Went Out is a must-see for horror fans.
Where to Watch “When the Lights Went Out”
If you are wondering where to watch “When the Lights Went Out”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “When the Lights Went Out” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “When the Lights Went Out” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to When the Lights Went Out