- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A family united by the past. Divided by the present.
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2018-10-19
- Runtime: 101.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Bona Fide Productions, United Pictures, June Pictures
Cast & Crew
Hilary Swank, Michael Shannon, Robert Forster, Blythe Danner, Taissa Farmiga, Josh Lucas, Sarah Sutherland, Marilyn Dodds Frank, Aimee Garcia, William Smillie, Isabeau Dornevil, Jennifer Robideau, Jay Montepare, Ann Whitney, Iah Bearden, Vrai, Clarence E. Davis, Eric Ian, Ryan W. Garcia, Matthias Kocur, Annie McKinnie, Ruben Ramirez, Darren Sheehan, Hans Dieter Wolff
Synopsis – What to Expect from “What They Had”
What They Had is a 2018 American drama film directed by Elizabeth Chomko and starring Hilary Swank, Michael Shannon, Robert Forster, Blythe Danner, and Taissa Farmiga.
The film follows a family in crisis as they grapple with the decision to put their elderly mother (Blythe Danner) in a nursing home. Bridget (Hilary Swank) is a Chicago-based woman who is forced to return home to her family in Illinois after her mother, Ruth, begins exhibiting signs of dementia. Bridget’s brother, Nick (Michael Shannon), is a drifter who is struggling to make ends meet. He is also dealing with his own issues with alcohol and is unable to provide support to his family.
Upon returning home, Bridget and Nick are forced to confront their past and their strained relationship. They are also forced to confront their father, Burt (Robert Forster), who is in denial about Ruth’s condition and is determined to keep her at home. Bridget and Nick must find a way to come together and make a decision that is best for their mother before it is too late.
The film is a touching story about family, love, and loss. It explores the difficult decisions that must be made when dealing with a loved one’s decline into dementia. It also looks at the power of family bonds and how they can help us through the most difficult of times.
Where to Watch “What They Had”
If you are wondering where to watch “What They Had”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “What They Had” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “What They Had” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to What They Had