- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Admit nothing.
- Genres: Comedy, Drama
- Release Date: 2008-10-17
- Runtime: 104.0 min
- Budget: $25.0 million
- Revenue: $6.7 million
- Production Companies: 2929 Productions, Magnolia Pictures, The Linson Company, Tribeca Productions
Cast & Crew
Robert De Niro, Sean Penn, Bruce Willis, Robin Wright, Stanley Tucci, John Turturro, Kristen Stewart, Lily Rabe, Marin Hinkle, Catherine Keener, Michael Wincott, Jason Kravits, Mark Ivanir, Remy K. Selma, Christopher Evan Welch, Sam Levinson, Paul Herman, Ali Olomi, Lombardo Boyar
Synopsis – What to Expect from “What Just Happened”
What Just Happened is a 2008 American satirical comedy-drama film directed by Barry Levinson and starring Robert De Niro, Sean Penn, and Bruce Willis. The film follows two weeks in the life of Ben (De Niro), a Hollywood producer, as he struggles to get his latest film to the screen.
The movie begins with Ben attending a test screening of his latest film, Fiercely, starring Sean Penn and Bruce Willis. The audience reaction is overwhelmingly negative, leaving Ben feeling defeated and uncertain about how to proceed. He is then faced with a series of difficult decisions and obstacles, ranging from dealing with his two ex-wives and their demands to dealing with a temperamental star and a demanding studio executive.
The movie follows Ben as he attempts to navigate the turbulent waters of Hollywood and salvage his career. Along the way, he must also contend with his own personal issues, such as his strained relationship with his daughter and his flirtations with a young studio executive.
The movie culminates with Ben finally completing his film and showing it to a new audience. The audience’s reaction is much more positive than the first screening, giving Ben a renewed sense of hope and optimism. In the end, Ben learns that success in Hollywood is often a matter of perseverance and luck.
Where to Watch “What Just Happened”
If you are wondering where to watch “What Just Happened”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “What Just Happened” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “What Just Happened” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to What Just Happened