- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A (sort of) love story between two guys over a cold weekend in October.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 2011-09-22
- Runtime: 96.0 min
- Budget: $0.1 million
- Revenue: $0.5 million
- Production Companies: The Bureau, EM Media, Glendale Picture Company, Synchronicity Films
Cast & Crew
Tom Cullen, Chris New, Jonathan Race, Laura Freeman, Loreto Murray, Kieran Hardcastle
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Weekend”
Weekend is a 2011 British drama film directed by Andrew Haigh and starring Tom Cullen and Chris New. The film follows two men, Russell (Tom Cullen) and Glen (Chris New), who meet at a nightclub on Friday night and spend the weekend together in Russell’s apartment.
The two men quickly become close and share intimate conversations about their lives. Glen is an aspiring artist who is struggling to make ends meet, while Russell is a lifeguard who is trying to come to terms with his sexuality.
The two men spend the weekend exploring each other’s lives and their growing feelings for one another. They talk about their hopes and dreams, and Russell reveals that he is in a long-term relationship with another man.
On Sunday morning, the two men part ways, and Russell is left to reflect on his feelings for Glen and his own sexuality. He eventually comes to terms with his identity and decides to come out to his family and friends.
The film is a poignant exploration of the complexities of identity, relationships and sexuality. It is an intimate and honest look at how two people can come together and find acceptance and understanding in one another.
Where to Watch “Weekend”
If you are wondering where to watch “Weekend”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Weekend” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Weekend” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Weekend