- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Their affair ignited a scandal. Their passion brought down an empire.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 2011-09-01
- Runtime: 119.0 min
- Budget: $15.0 million
- Revenue: $0.9 million
- Production Companies: IM Global, Semtex Films
Cast & Crew
Abbie Cornish, Andrea Riseborough, James D’Arcy, Oscar Isaac, Richard Coyle, David Harbour, James Fox, Judy Parfitt, Haluk Bilginer, Geoffrey Palmer, Natalie Dormer, Laurence Fox, Douglas Reith, Katie McGrath, Christina Chong, Annabelle Wallis, Liberty Ross, Penny Downie, Suzanne Bertish, Ben Willbond, Leigh Zimmerman
Synopsis – What to Expect from “W.E.”
W.E. is a romantic drama directed by Madonna. The film follows the story of two women, living centuries apart, whose paths cross in a unique and unexpected way.
In 1998, New Yorker Wally Winthrop (Abbie Cornish) is a young woman in an unhappy marriage. Desperate for an escape, she takes a job at Sotheby’s, where she is tasked with cataloguing the possessions of Wallis Simpson (Andrea Riseborough), the Duchess of Windsor. As Wally delves into Wallis’s past, she discovers a passionate love affair between Wallis and King Edward VIII (James D’Arcy).
Wally is captivated by Wallis’s story, and finds herself increasingly drawn to her own passionate affair with a Russian security guard (Oscar Isaac). As Wally’s life falls apart, she finds solace in Wallis’s story and discovers that she too can find the courage to take control of her own destiny.
The film flashes back and forth between the two women’s stories, highlighting the similarities between them and the timelessness of true love. W.E. is a captivating story of love, loss, and hope in the face of adversity.
Where to Watch “W.E.”
If you are wondering where to watch “W.E.”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “W.E.” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “W.E.” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to W.E.