- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Watership Down
- Genres: Adventure, Animation, Drama
- Release Date: 1978-10-14
- Runtime: 88.0
- Budget: $1.0 million
- Revenue: $3.7 million
- Production Companies: AVCO Embassy Pictures, Nepenthe Productions, Watership Productions
Cast & Crew
John Hurt, Richard Briers, Michael Graham Cox, John Bennett, Ralph Richardson, Simon Cadell, Terence Rigby, Roy Kinnear, Richard O’Callaghan, Denholm Elliott, Lynn Farleigh, Mary Maddox, Zero Mostel, Harry Andrews, Hannah Gordon, Nigel Hawthorne, Clifton Jones, Derek Griffiths, Michael Hordern, Joss Ackland, Michelle Price
Watership Down is a 1978 British animated adventure-drama film directed by Martin Rosen and based on the 1972 novel of the same name by Richard Adams. The film follows a group of wild rabbits who must flee their warren in search of a new home when their home is destroyed by humans. Led by a brave and resourceful rabbit named Hazel, the group of rabbits face a variety of challenges and dangers as they make their way across the English countryside in search of a new home. Along the way, they encounter a variety of creatures, both friendly and hostile, and must rely on their wits and courage to survive.
The film features the voices of John Hurt, Richard Briers, Denholm Elliott, and Michael Hordern as the main characters. The animation was done by a team of British animators, including Richard Williams, who won an Academy Award for his work on the film. The film’s music was composed by the British composer Angela Morley.
Watership Down is an emotional and exciting adventure story that deals with themes of courage, friendship, and loyalty. It is an excellent example of the power of animation to tell a compelling story and to create a world of wonder and imagination. It
How & Where to Watch “Watership Down”
Wondering where to watch Watership Down?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming Watership Down.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “Watership Down” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “Watership Down” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to Watership Down