- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: “Gone With the Wind’s” Tempestuous “Scarlett O’Hara”! Romantic Robert Taylor! Exciting Together!
- Genres: Drama, Romance, War
- Release Date: 1940-05-17
- Runtime: 109.0 min
- Budget: $1.2 million
- Revenue: $2.5 million
- Production Companies: Metro, Goldwyn, Mayer
Cast & Crew
Vivien Leigh, Robert Taylor, Lucile Watson, Virginia Field, Maria Ouspenskaya, C. Aubrey Smith, Janet Shaw, Janet Waldo, Steffi Duna, Virginia Carroll, Leda Nicova, Florence Baker, Margery Manning, Frances MacInerney, Eleanor Stewart, Lowden Adams, Harry Allen, Jimmy Aubrey, Phyllis Barry, Colin Campbell, James Carlisle, Rita Carlyle, Leo G. Carroll, David Cavendish, David Clyde, Kathryn Collier, Tom Conway, Frank Dawson, Connie Emerald, Gilbert Emery, Herbert Evans, Maria Genardi, Dick Gordon, Douglas Gordon, Denis Greene, Ethel Griffies, Bobby Hale, Winifred Harris, Halliwell Hobbes, Harold Howard, Charles Irwin, Bill James, George Kirby, Walter Lawrence, Eric Lonsdale, Wilfred Lucas, Dan Maxwell, James May, Florine McKinney, Charles McNaughton, Frank Mitchell, Edmund Mortimer, Leonard Mudie, Judith Nelles, Gordon Orbell, Tempe Pigott, John Power, Elsie Prescott, Jean Prescott, Clara Reid, Fred Sassoni, Paul Scardon, John Graham Spacey, Wyndham Standing, Harry Stubbs, William Tetley, Cyril Thornton, David Thursby, Norma Varden, Martha Wentworth, Eric Wilton, Robert Winkler, Douglas Wood, Pat Welsh
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Waterloo Bridge”
Waterloo Bridge is a 1940 American romantic drama film directed by Mervyn LeRoy and starring Vivien Leigh and Robert Taylor.
The story takes place in London during World War I. Myra (Vivien Leigh) is a beautiful young ballerina who meets Roy (Robert Taylor), a young soldier about to go off to fight in the war. They fall in love and plan to marry when Roy returns from the war. However, Myra’s wealthy family objects to the match and she is forced to take a job as a chorus girl in a show.
Meanwhile, Roy is sent off to fight in the war and is declared missing in action. Myra is left to fend for herself and eventually finds solace with a soldier named Jack (Kent Smith). Jack and Myra become close, and eventually marry.
When Roy is discovered to be alive and returns home, Myra is torn between her loyalty to Jack and her love for Roy. In the end, Myra chooses Roy and they share a beautiful reunion on Waterloo Bridge. The film ends with a touching scene of the two embracing as the sun sets over the bridge.
Where to Watch “Waterloo Bridge”
If you are wondering where to watch “Waterloo Bridge”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Waterloo Bridge” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Waterloo Bridge” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Waterloo Bridge