- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Have a drink, mate? Have a fight, mate? Have some dust and sweat, mate? There’s nothing else out here.
- Genres: Drama, Thriller
- Release Date: 1971-07-21
- Runtime: 109.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $0.1 million
- Production Companies: United Artists, Group W, NLT
Cast & Crew
Gary Bond, Donald Pleasence, Chips Rafferty, Sylvia Kay, Jack Thompson, Peter Whittle, Al Thomas, John Meillon, John Armstrong, Slim DeGrey, Maggie Dence, Norm Erskine, Owen Moase, John Dalleen, Buster Fiddess, Tex Foote, Colin Hughes, Jacko Jackson, Nancy Knudsen, Dawn Lake, Harry Lawrence, Robert McDarra, Carlo Manchini, Liam Reynolds, Nelson
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Wake in Fright”
Wake in Fright is a 1971 Australian psychological thriller directed by Ted Kotcheff. The film follows John Grant, a schoolteacher from the city who finds himself stranded in the outback town of Bundanyabba. With no money or way to get out, he begins to drink heavily and gamble with the locals, and soon finds himself in over his head.
The film opens with John Grant, a young schoolteacher from Sydney, travelling to the small outback mining town of Bundanyabba. He is on his way to meet his girlfriend in Sydney, but is forced to stay in Bundanyabba overnight when he misses his train. His first night in town is spent drinking with the locals at the local pub, where he quickly finds himself in debt after losing a game of two-up.
Desperate for money, he is persuaded by the local doctor to take part in a kangaroo hunt. After a night of drinking and gambling, John finds himself in a state of near-madness, and is determined to kill as many kangaroos as possible. He is eventually able to make enough money to pay off his debts, but not before he is nearly killed by a mob of angry locals.
With his debts paid off, John is ready to leave, but he soon finds himself in an even deeper state of despair. He begins to feel as though he is losing his grip on reality, and his only hope of escape is
Where to Watch “Wake in Fright”
If you are wondering where to watch “Wake in Fright”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Wake in Fright” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Wake in Fright” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Wake in Fright