- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: It takes a hero to know what’s worth winning.
- Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1999-01-15
- Runtime: 106.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Paramount, MTV Films
Cast & Crew
James Van Der Beek, Amy Smart, Jon Voight, Paul Walker, Ron Lester, Scott Caan, Ali Larter, Richard Lineback, Thomas F. Duffy, Joe Pichler, Brady Coleman, Eliel Swinton, Tonie Perensky, Jesse Plemons, Jon Hyrns, Bristi Havins
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Varsity Blues”
Varsity Blues is a 1999 American teen coming-of-age drama film directed by Brian Robbins.
The film follows the story of a small town Texas high school football team, the West Canaan Coyotes, and their new coach, Bud Kilmer (Jon Voight). Kilmer is a hard-nosed, win-at-all-costs coach who puts immense pressure on his players to perform. The team’s star quarterback, Jonathan “Mox” Moxon (James Van Der Beek), is a natural talent who is struggling to cope with the pressure. He is also struggling to meet his father’s expectations of him.
Mox’s best friend, Lance Harbor (Paul Walker), is the team’s second-string quarterback and is also dealing with his own family issues. Lance is in a relationship with Jules Harbor (Amy Smart), the daughter of the town’s wealthy and powerful businessman, Charles Harbor (Ron Lester). Charles is determined to have his daughter marry a wealthy man, which puts a strain on her relationship with Lance.
The team’s star running back, Tweeder (Scott Caan), is a wild-child who is constantly getting into trouble. He is also dealing with his own family issues, as his father is an alcoholic.
The team’s star receiver, Billy Bob (Eliel Swinton), is a talented player who is struggling to make ends meet. He is also dealing with his own family issues,
Where to Watch “Varsity Blues”
If you are wondering where to watch “Varsity Blues”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Varsity Blues” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Varsity Blues” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Varsity Blues