- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: As unpredictable as love itself.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1989-11-17
- Runtime: 137.0 min
- Budget: $33.0 million
- Revenue: $1.1 million
- Production Companies: Renn Productions, Timothy Burrill Productions
Cast & Crew
Colin Firth, Annette Bening, Meg Tilly, Fairuza Balk, Siân Phillips, Jeffrey Jones, Henry Thomas, Fabia Drake, T. P. McKenna, Isla Blair, Ian McNeice, Aleta Mitchell, Ronald Lacey, Vincent Schiavelli
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Valmont”
Valmont is a 1989 romantic drama directed by Milos Forman and based on the 1782 novel Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos. The movie stars Colin Firth, Annette Bening, Meg Tilly, and Fairuza Balk.
The movie is set in late 18th century France and tells the story of the Marquise de Merteuil and the Vicomte de Valmont, two powerful and manipulative aristocrats who are engaged in a dangerous game of seduction and betrayal. The Marquise de Merteuil is a beautiful and manipulative woman who is determined to take revenge on her ex-lover, the Chevalier Danceny, by having him seduced by her rival, the naive and innocent Cecile de Volanges. She enlists the help of the Vicomte de Valmont, a notorious libertine and master of seduction, to carry out her plan.
Valmont is initially reluctant to help the Marquise, but is eventually persuaded by her promise of a night of passion if he succeeds. He begins to seduce Cecile, but soon finds himself falling in love with her. At the same time, he also begins to develop feelings for the Marquise, and the two become embroiled in a passionate affair.
Meanwhile, the Chevalier Danceny begins to suspect the Marquise’s scheme and attempts to save Cecile from Valmont’s
Where to Watch “Valmont”
If you are wondering where to watch “Valmont”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Valmont” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Valmont” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Valmont