- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: This wasn’t their war but it was their story… and they wouldn’t let it go!
- Genres: Drama, War
- Release Date: 1983-10-21
- Runtime: 128.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Orion Pictures
Cast & Crew
Nick Nolte, Gene Hackman, Joanna Cassidy, Ed Harris, Jean, Louis Trintignant, Richard Masur, Alma Martinez, René Enríquez, Hamilton Camp, Jenny Gago, Eloy Casados, Martin LaSalle, Jorge Zepeda, Holly Palance, Elpidia Carrillo, Ella Laboriel, Enrique Lucero, Jorge Santoyo
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Under Fire”
Under Fire is a 1983 American political drama film directed by Roger Spottiswoode and starring Nick Nolte, Gene Hackman, and Joanna Cassidy. The film follows three journalists in Nicaragua during the Nicaraguan Revolution in the late 1970s.
The story follows Jack (Nick Nolte), a photographer and war correspondent; Alex (Gene Hackman), a veteran foreign correspondent; and Claire (Joanna Cassidy), a young and inexperienced reporter. The trio is sent to Nicaragua to cover the revolution taking place there. They witness firsthand the violence and chaos of the revolution, as well as the courage and determination of the people fighting for their freedom.
As the conflict intensifies, Jack and Alex become increasingly drawn into the struggle, while Claire is torn between her duty as a reporter and her growing feelings for a rebel leader. The trio soon finds themselves in the middle of a dangerous game of politics and espionage, as they are caught between the forces of the Nicaraguan government and the rebels.
The film culminates in a thrilling and emotional climax as the trio faces a life-or-death decision that could determine the future of Nicaragua. Under Fire is an intense and powerful look at the Nicaraguan Revolution and the courage of those who fought for freedom.
Where to Watch “Under Fire”
If you are wondering where to watch “Under Fire”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Under Fire” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Under Fire” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Under Fire