- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: It tears you apart with suspense!
- Genres: Drama, Thriller, Mystery
- Release Date: 1966-07-15
- Runtime: 127.0 min
- Budget: $3.0 million
- Revenue: $13.0 million
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures, Alfred J. Hitchcock Productions
Cast & Crew
Paul Newman, Julie Andrews, Lila Kedrova, Hansjörg Felmy, Tamara Toumanova, Ludwig Donath, Wolfgang Kieling, Günter Strack, David Opatoshu, Gisela Fischer, Mort Mills, Carolyn Conwell, Arthur Gould, Porter, Gloria Govrin, Norbert Schiller, Leoda Richards, Frank Baker, Alfred Hitchcock, William Glover, Mischa Hausserman, Britt Semand, William Yetter Sr.-Kaaren Verne, Paul Sorensen, Hedley Mattingly, Curt Lowens, Horst Ebersberg, Dick Cherney
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Torn Curtain”
Torn Curtain is a 1966 American suspense-thriller film directed by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Paul Newman and Julie Andrews. The film follows physicist Michael Armstrong (Newman) and his assistant Sarah Sherman (Andrews) as they travel to East Germany in order to defect to the Soviet Union.
The film begins with Michael and Sarah in Copenhagen, Denmark, where Michael is attending a physics conference. Michael suddenly decides to defect to the USSR, leaving Sarah behind in confusion. He takes a train to East Germany, but Sarah follows him.
Once in East Germany, Michael and Sarah are taken to a remote farmhouse where they are interrogated by the East German police. Michael is able to convince them that he is not a spy, but Sarah is not so lucky. She is arrested and taken away.
Michael then begins his journey to the Soviet Union, but his every move is tracked by the East German police. He is able to stay one step ahead of them, but his attempts to contact the Soviets are unsuccessful.
He eventually meets up with a defecting East German scientist who helps him sneak into the Soviet Union. However, the East German police are still on his trail and they eventually catch up with him.
Michael is taken to a secret Soviet laboratory, where he is forced to work on a top-secret project. He is able to use his scientific knowledge to devise a way to escape, but he must do so without alerting the
Where to Watch “Torn Curtain”
If you are wondering where to watch “Torn Curtain”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Torn Curtain” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Torn Curtain” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Torn Curtain