- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Story of a Boy’s Hunger
- Genres: Drama, Comedy, History, Family
- Release Date: 2010-12-30
- Runtime: 96.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: BBC Films, Ruby Films, Screen West Midlands
Cast & Crew
Freddie Highmore, Ken Stott, Victoria Hamilton, Oscar Kennedy, Helena Bonham Carter, Matthew McNulty, Rob Jarvis, Selina Cadell, Amy Marston, Marion Bailey, Tracey Wilkinson, Clare Higgins, Ben Aldridge, Sarah Middleton, Kia Pegg
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Toast”
Toast is a British comedy-drama film released in 2010. It follows the story of Nigel Slater, a young boy growing up in a British middle-class family in the 1960s.
Nigel is a passionate food enthusiast, and he finds solace in the kitchen, where he dreams of creating his own recipes. His mother, Joan, is a strict traditionalist who believes that food should be cooked the same way every time. She and Nigel’s father, Michael, are both struggling to make ends meet, and they have no time to nurture Nigel’s passion.
Nigel’s world is turned upside down when his mother dies suddenly, and his father remarries a domineering woman named Margaret. Margaret is determined to bring Nigel into line, and she makes him do all the chores in the kitchen. She also tries to force him to eat the same bland food that she cooks.
Nigel is determined to make his own mark in the kitchen and prove to Margaret that he can cook. He starts experimenting with recipes, and soon his culinary skills start to impress Margaret. He even begins to win her over with his cooking.
Meanwhile, Nigel’s friendship with his father’s assistant, Tony, grows stronger. Tony encourages Nigel to keep experimenting with his cooking, and even helps him to find ingredients for his recipes.
As Nigel continues to impress Margaret with his cooking, he also begins to feel a newfound respect for her. He
Where to Watch “Toast”
If you are wondering where to watch “Toast”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Toast” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Toast” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Toast