- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Documentary
- Release Date: 2013-12-06
- Runtime: 80.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: High Delft Pictures
Cast & Crew
Tim Jenison, Penn Jillette, Martin Mull, Teller, Philip Steadman, David Hockney, Colin Blakemore
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Tim’s Vermeer”
Tim’s Vermeer is a 2013 documentary film directed by Teller, of the famous magic duo Penn & Teller. The film follows the journey of inventor Tim Jenison as he attempts to recreate Johannes Vermeer’s painting, The Music Lesson.
The film begins with an introduction to Tim Jenison, an inventor from San Antonio, Texas, who has had a lifelong fascination with Johannes Vermeer. After seeing a BBC documentary about the 17th century Dutch painter, Tim is convinced that Vermeer must have used some sort of optical device to create his paintings. He sets out to prove this theory by attempting to recreate The Music Lesson using the same techniques as Vermeer.
Tim begins his project by researching the painting and Vermeer’s techniques. He then sets up a replica of the room in which The Music Lesson was painted and begins to build his own optical device. He also visits the Netherlands to study the painting and to get a better understanding of Vermeer’s life and work.
The film follows Tim as he works through the painstaking process of creating his own version of the painting. He experiments with different lighting and optical devices, and even builds a camera obscura. As he works, Tim discovers the challenges of painting in the style of Vermeer, and the importance of light and perspective in creating a realistic painting.
In the end, Tim succeeds in creating a painting that is remarkably similar to The Music
Where to Watch “Tim’s Vermeer”
If you are wondering where to watch “Tim’s Vermeer”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Tim’s Vermeer” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Tim’s Vermeer” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Tim’s Vermeer