- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Owen asked his friend, Larry, for a small favor…
- Genres: Comedy, Crime
- Release Date: 1987-12-11
- Runtime: 88.0 min
- Budget: $14.0 million
- Revenue: $57.9 million
- Production Companies: Orion Pictures
Cast & Crew
Danny DeVito, Billy Crystal, Kim Greist, Anne Ramsey, Kate Mulgrew, Branford Marsalis, Rob Reiner, Bruce Kirby, Joey DePinto, Annie Ross, Raye Birk, Oprah Winfrey, Olivia Brown, Philip Perlman, Stu Silver, J. Alan Thomas, Randall Miller, Andre Rosey Brown, Tony Ciccone, Larry McCormick, Peter Brocco, Hettie Lynne Hurtes
Synopsis – What to Expect from “Throw Momma from the Train”
Throw Momma from the Train is a 1987 American black comedy film directed by and starring Danny DeVito. It tells the story of two men, Owen (Danny DeVito) and Larry (Billy Crystal), who form an unlikely friendship as they both deal with their respective problems.
Owen is a frustrated, middle-aged writer who lives with his overbearing mother, Momma (Anne Ramsey). He is struggling with writer’s block and has been unable to finish his latest book. Larry, meanwhile, is a divorced teacher who is coming to terms with the fact that his ex-wife is now dating his former best friend.
The two men meet in a writing class and quickly bond over their mutual frustrations. One day, Larry jokingly suggests that Owen should “throw Momma from the train” to get rid of her. Owen, desperate for a solution, takes the suggestion seriously and hatches a plan to do just that.
He and Larry devise a scheme to kidnap Momma and put her on a train heading out of town. However, things do not go as planned and the two men find themselves in a race against time to save Momma from their own scheme.
Along the way, the two men must confront their own insecurities and learn to trust each other as they face numerous obstacles. In the end, the two men must decide whether or not they can go through with their plan and if they
Where to Watch “Throw Momma from the Train”
If you are wondering where to watch “Throw Momma from the Train”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “Throw Momma from the Train” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “Throw Momma from the Train” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to Throw Momma from the Train