- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Irwin Shaw’s monumental best-seller
- Genres: Action, Drama, War
- Release Date: 1958-04-02
- Runtime: 167.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: 20th Century Fox
Cast & Crew
Marlon Brando, Montgomery Clift, Dean Martin, Hope Lange, Barbara Rush, May Britt, Maximilian Schell, Dora Doll, Lee Van Cleef, Liliane Montevecchi, Parley Baer, Arthur Franz, Hal Baylor, Richard Gardner, Herbert Rudley, Michael Smith
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Young Lions”
The Young Lions is a 1958 American war drama film starring Marlon Brando, Montgomery Clift, and Dean Martin. It tells the story of two American soldiers during World War II, Christian Diestl (Brando) and Noah Ackerman (Clift), and their experiences in the war.
Christian Diestl is a German-born American citizen who is drafted into the US Army. He is sent to fight in the European theater of war and is soon taken prisoner by the Germans. He is sent to a POW camp and is treated harshly by his captors. He eventually escapes and joins a German unit, hoping to find his way back to his family in the United States.
Noah Ackerman is a Jewish-American soldier who is sent to fight in the Pacific theater of war. He has a strong sense of patriotism and is eager to serve his country. He is assigned to a Marine unit and is sent to fight in the Battle of Okinawa. He is wounded in battle and is sent to a hospital in the United States.
The two men’s paths eventually cross as they both find themselves in a German POW camp. Christian is initially hostile towards Noah due to his Jewish heritage, but eventually the two men become friends. They form a bond and join forces to escape the camp.
The two men’s paths diverge after they escape the camp. Noah returns to the United States and is discharged from the army. Christian, however, is
Where to Watch “The Young Lions”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Young Lions”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Young Lions” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Young Lions” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Young Lions