- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A love caught in the fire of revolution.
- Genres: Drama, Romance, War
- Release Date: 1982-12-17
- Runtime: 115.0 min
- Budget: $6.0 million
- Revenue: $1.3 million
- Production Companies: McElroy & McElroy, Metro, Goldwyn, Mayer, United International Pictures, Freddie Fields Productions
Cast & Crew
Mel Gibson, Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hunt, Michael Murphy, Bill Kerr, Noel Ferrier, Bembol Roco, Paul Sonkkila, Domingo Landicho, Kuh Ledesma, Hermino De Guzman, Ali Nur, Dominador Robridillo, Joel Agona, Mike Emperio, Bernardo Nacilla, Coco Marantha, Norma Uatuhan, Lito Tolentino, Cecily Polson, David Oyang, Mark Egerton, Joonee Gamboa, Pudji Waseso, Joel Lamangan, Mario Layco, Jabo Djohansjan, Agoes Widjaya Soedjarwo, Chris Quivak
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Year of Living Dangerously”
The Year of Living Dangerously is a 1982 Australian drama film directed by Peter Weir and starring Mel Gibson, Sigourney Weaver, and Linda Hunt.
The story is set in Indonesia during the rule of President Sukarno in the late 1960s. It follows the story of Guy Hamilton (Gibson), a young, ambitious, and naive Australian journalist who is sent to Jakarta to cover the political turmoil of the time.
When he arrives, Guy meets a beautiful British diplomat, Jill Bryant (Weaver), and a Chinese-Australian photographer, Billy Kwan (Hunt). Despite their different backgrounds, the three form a strong bond as they witness the political unrest and violence of the time.
Guy is quickly drawn into the dangerous political situation and is forced to take risks to get the story. He is also drawn to Jill, and the two fall in love. However, their relationship is tested when Guy is forced to choose between his loyalty to his job and his loyalty to Jill.
Meanwhile, Billy’s involvement in the political situation deepens as he becomes increasingly involved in the struggle to save his people from oppression.
The story culminates with a daring rescue mission in which Guy and Billy join forces to save Jill from the clutches of a powerful political figure. In the end, Guy and Jill’s love for each other triumphs and they are able to escape to safety.
The Year of Living Dangerously is an intense and thrilling drama that
Where to Watch “The Year of Living Dangerously”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Year of Living Dangerously”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Year of Living Dangerously” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Year of Living Dangerously” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Year of Living Dangerously