- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: “His hideous howl a dirge of death!”
- Genres: Horror, Drama
- Release Date: 1941-12-12
- Runtime: 70.0 min
- Budget: $0.2 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Universal Pictures
Cast & Crew
Lon Chaney Jr.-Evelyn Ankers, Claude Rains, Ralph Bellamy, Maria Ouspenskaya, Patric Knowles, Warren William, Bela Lugosi, Fay Helm, Forrester Harvey, J. M. Kerrigan, Jessie Arnold, Caroline Frances Cooke, Harry Cording, Margaret Fealy, Gibson Gowland, Leyland Hodgson, Olaf Hytten, Connie Leon, Doris Lloyd, Ottola Nesmith, Eddie Polo, La Riana, Ernie Stanton, Anne G. Sterling, Tom Stevenson, Harry Stubbs, Eric Wilton
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Wolf Man”
The Wolf Man is a 1941 classic horror film directed by George Waggner and starring Lon Chaney Jr. as Larry Talbot, a man cursed by a werewolf bite.
The story begins in Wales, where Larry Talbot has returned to his ancestral home to reconnect with his father, Sir John Talbot. After a night out, Larry is attacked by a werewolf and is bitten. He survives the attack, but soon realizes that he is cursed and is now a werewolf himself.
Larry’s father hires a gypsy named Maleva to help him, who tells him that he can only break the curse by killing the werewolf that bit him. She also warns him that if he is killed in wolf form, he will remain a werewolf forever.
With the help of a local doctor, Dr. Lloyd, Larry begins to search for the werewolf. He soon discovers that the werewolf is actually his brother, Bela, who was cursed by the same gypsy years before.
Larry confronts Bela and, in a fit of rage, kills him. But the curse remains, and Larry soon realizes that he is still a werewolf. He is also now being hunted by the townspeople, who believe him to be a murderer.
In the end, Larry is killed by his father while in wolf form, and the curse is finally broken. But the tragedy of the situation is that Larry was never able to break
Where to Watch “The Wolf Man”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Wolf Man”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Wolf Man” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Wolf Man” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Wolf Man