- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Secrets lie between the lines
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 2018-08-02
- Runtime: 100.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $20.0 million
- Production Companies: Film i Väst, Tempo Productions, Creative Scotland, Anonymous Content, Meta Film, Embankment Films
Cast & Crew
Glenn Close, Jonathan Pryce, Christian Slater, Max Irons, Harry Lloyd, Annie Starke, Elizabeth McGovern, Johan Widerberg, Karin Franz Körlof, Richard Cordery, Jan Mybrand, Anna Azcárate, Peter Forbes, Fredric Gildea, Jane Garioni, Alix Wilton Regan, Nick Fletcher, Mattias Nordkvist, Suzanne Bertish, Grainne Keenan, Isabelle von Meyenburg, Morgane Polanski, Twinnie Lee Moore, John Moraitis, Michael Benz, Johanna Andersson, Catharina Christie, Carolin Stoltz, Håkan Pettersson, Ossian Skarsgård
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Wife”
The Wife is a 2018 drama film directed by Björn Runge and starring Glenn Close, Jonathan Pryce, Christian Slater, and Max Irons. The film follows Joan Castleman (Glenn Close), the long-suffering wife of successful novelist Joe Castleman (Jonathan Pryce). After forty years of marriage, Joan is finally getting the recognition she deserves when Joe is awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. As they travel to Stockholm to collect the award, Joan is forced to confront the sacrifices she has made over the years and the secrets she has kept from her husband.
The film opens with Joan and Joe Castleman, a successful novelist, on a plane to Stockholm, Sweden. They are there to accept Joe’s Nobel Prize for Literature. While Joe is excited, Joan is more reserved. As they travel, Joan reflects on the years of her life she has spent supporting her husband and his career, often at the expense of her own.
Back in New York, Joan is approached by a young journalist, Nathaniel Bone (Christian Slater), who is writing a book about Joe’s life and career. He has uncovered a secret from Joe’s past, and he wants Joan to tell him the truth. Joan reluctantly agrees, and the story of her life is revealed.
We learn that Joan had once been a promising writer herself, but she gave up her own dreams to support Joe’s career. She was the one who wrote the speeches he gave,
Where to Watch “The Wife”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Wife”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Wife” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Wife” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Wife