- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: THE RAW UNTAMED ADVENTUROUS WEST…LIVES AGAIN!
- Genres: Action, Western, Romance
- Release Date: 1940-09-18
- Runtime: 100.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Samuel Goldwyn Productions, United Artists
Cast & Crew
Gary Cooper, Walter Brennan, Doris Davenport, Fred Stone, Forrest Tucker, Paul Hurst, Chill Wills, Lilian Bond, Dana Andrews, Charles Halton, Trevor Bardette, Tom Tyler, Lucien Littlefield, C.E. Anderson, Stanley Andrews, Arthur Aylesworth, Bill Beauman, Hank Bell, Gertrude Bennett, Danny Borzage, Charles Coleman, Heinie Conklin, Philip Connor, Buck Connors, Frank Cordell, Jim Corey, Joe De La Cruz, Helen Foster, William Gillis, Roger Gray, Aleth Hansen, Lew Kelly, Connie Leon, Art Mix, Corbet Morris, Buck Moulton, Jack Pennick, Julian Rivero, Henry Roquemore, Annabelle Rousseau, Miriam Sherwin, William Steele, Phil Tead, Lupita Tovar, Blackjack Ward, Ted Wells
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Westerner”
The Westerner is a classic western film released in 1940 starring Gary Cooper and Walter Brennan. The story follows the life of a drifter named Cole Hardin (Cooper) who comes to a small Texas town in search of work. He quickly finds a job working for Judge Roy Bean (Brennan), a self-proclaimed judge who rules by his own set of laws.
The town is controlled by a powerful rancher named Ed Baile (Lloyd Bridges) who has been trying to take control of the town and the surrounding area. He has been using the law to his advantage, and the Judge is not willing to stand up to him.
Cole soon finds himself in the middle of a conflict between the Judge and Baile. He befriends a young woman named Lily Langtry (Doris Davenport) who is a friend of the Judge and has been trying to help him. She is also being harassed by Baile and his men.
Cole and the Judge form a bond and decide to fight back against Baile. They enlist the help of some of the townsfolk and come up with a plan to put an end to Baile’s rule.
The climax of the movie is a showdown between Cole and Baile. Cole is able to outwit and outshoot Baile, and the Judge is able to restore justice to the town. In the end, Cole and Lily ride off together into the sunset.
Where to Watch “The Westerner”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Westerner”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Westerner” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Westerner” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Westerner