- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Don’t miss this startling spectacle!
- Genres: Drama, Horror, Romance, Thriller
- Release Date: 1927-05-29
- Runtime: 50.0 min
- Budget: $0.2 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Metro, Goldwyn, Mayer
Cast & Crew
Lon Chaney, Norman Kerry, Joan Crawford, Nick De Ruiz, John George, Frank Lanning, Louise Emmons, John St. Polis
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Unknown”
The Unknown is a 1927 American silent horror film directed by Tod Browning and starring Lon Chaney and Joan Crawford. The film tells the story of Alonzo (Lon Chaney), a carnival knife thrower who is in love with a beautiful girl named Gertie (Joan Crawford). However, unbeknownst to him, Gertie is actually a circus freak with the ability to transform into a monstrous creature.
Alonzo is unaware of Gertie’s secret, and when he learns of her true identity, he is horrified. He is even more shocked when he discovers that Gertie is in love with him and wants to marry him. But Alonzo is unable to accept her as she is and he leaves her, heartbroken.
Meanwhile, Gertie is being pursued by a mad scientist, Dr. Ziska (Norman Kerry), who wants to use her transformation abilities to create a new race of monsters. He captures Gertie and locks her away in his laboratory.
Alonzo, desperate to save Gertie, infiltrates Ziska’s laboratory and rescues her. However, his actions have dire consequences, as Ziska unleashes his monstrous creations on the city. Alonzo and Gertie must now fight to save themselves and the city from the monsters.
The Unknown is a thrilling horror film that follows Alonzo and Gertie as they
Where to Watch “The Unknown”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Unknown”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Unknown” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Unknown” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Unknown