- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: It carried their hopes, their nation’s honour!
- Genres: Thriller, War, Action
- Release Date: 1964-09-24
- Runtime: 133.0 min
- Budget: $5.8 million
- Revenue: $6.8 million
- Production Companies: Les Productions Artistes Associés, Les Films Ariane, Dear Film, United Artists
Cast & Crew
Burt Lancaster, Paul Scofield, Jeanne Moreau, Suzanne Flon, Michel Simon, Wolfgang Preiss, Albert Rémy, Charles Millot, Richard Münch, Jean, Pierre Zola, Jacques Marin, Paul Bonifas, Jean Bouchaud, Donald O’Brien, Arthur Brauss, Jean, Claude Bercq, Howard Vernon, Louis Falavigna, Richard Bailey, Christian Fuin, Helmo Kindermann, Roger Lumont, Gérard Buhr, Christian Rémy
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Train”
The Train is a 1964 French-Italian war drama film directed by John Frankenheimer and starring Burt Lancaster, Paul Scofield, Jeanne Moreau, and Michel Simon. Set during World War II, the film follows a French railway worker, Paul Labiche (Lancaster), who is tasked with stopping a Nazi train carrying valuable artworks from France to Germany.
The film begins in Paris, France, in August 1944. Paul Labiche, a railway worker and French Resistance fighter, is approached by a superior to stop a train carrying valuable artwork from the Louvre Museum to Germany. Labiche, along with fellow Resistance fighters, plans to derail the train, but his plans are complicated by the presence of a female German officer, Elsa (Moreau), who is in charge of the train and its cargo.
Meanwhile, Labiche’s wife, Lucille (Suzy Delair), is arrested by the Gestapo and held as a hostage in order to ensure Labiche’s cooperation. Labiche must find a way to derail the train without endangering his wife, as well as the lives of his fellow Resistance fighters.
The plan is put into action and Labiche and his allies manage to derail the train, but not before it has reached its destination. Labiche and his team are then pursued by the German forces, who are determined to recover the valuable artworks. In a thrilling chase across the countryside, Labiche and his team must evade the German forces
Where to Watch “The Train”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Train”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Train” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Train” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Train