- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: He was powerful, charismatic, compassionate and gay. After eleven months in office he was assassinated.
- Genres: Documentary
- Release Date: 1984-10-07
- Runtime: 90.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: UCLA School of Film and Television, Black Sand Productions, pacific arts
Cast & Crew
Harvey Milk, Harvey Fierstein, Anne Kronenberg, Tory Hartmann, Tom Ammiano, Jim Elliot, Henry Der, Jeannine Yeomans, Bill Kraus, Sally M. Gearhart, John Briggs, Jerry Brown, Jimmy Carter, Dianne Feinstein, David Fowler, Joseph Freitas, Terence Hallinan, George Moscone, Dan White
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Times of Harvey Milk”
The Times of Harvey Milk is a 1984 American documentary film that tells the story of Harvey Milk, the first openly gay elected official in the United States.
The film begins with the story of Harvey Milk, his rise to prominence in the gay rights movement, and his eventual assassination in 1978 at the hands of Dan White. The film explores Milk’s life and career, his relationships with other activists, and his impact on the gay rights movement.
The film also looks at the trial of Dan White, who was convicted of voluntary manslaughter instead of murder, and the subsequent White Night Riots. Through interviews with those who knew him, the film paints a portrait of Milk as a passionate and determined leader, who was determined to make a difference in the lives of those he represented.
The film also examines the impact of Milk’s death on the gay rights movement and the legacy he left behind. The film ends with a tribute to Milk, with a voiceover saying: “Harvey Milk’s life was a triumph of the human spirit. His courage and dedication will always be an inspiration to all who struggle for freedom and justice.”
Where to Watch “The Times of Harvey Milk”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Times of Harvey Milk”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Times of Harvey Milk” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Times of Harvey Milk” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Times of Harvey Milk