- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: GIGANTIC! The Wonder Picture of All Time!
- Genres: Action, Adventure, Family, Fantasy
- Release Date: 1940-12-25
- Runtime: 106.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: London Films Productions, United Artists
Cast & Crew
Conrad Veidt, Sabu, June Duprez, John Justin, Rex Ingram, Miles Malleson, Morton Selten, Mary Morris, Bruce Winston, Hay Petrie, Adelaide Hall, Roy Emerton, Allan Jeayes, Chick Alexander, Frederick Burtwell, Joseph Cozier, Toni Gable, Robert Greig, Henry Hallett, Miki Hood, Glynis Johns, Alexander Laine, Cleo Laine, Sylvia Laine, Spoli Mills, Leslie Phillips, Norman Pierce, John Salew, Mark Stone, Frank Tickle, Otto Wallen, Ben Williams
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Thief of Bagdad”
The Thief of Bagdad is a 1940 British fantasy adventure film starring Sabu, John Justin, and June Duprez.
The story is set in the mythical city of Bagdad, where the evil Grand Vizier Jaffar (Conrad Veidt) is plotting to take over the city. He has designs on the beautiful Princess of Bagdad (June Duprez), and plans to marry her and take the throne.
Meanwhile, a young thief named Abu (Sabu) is stealing from the wealthy merchants of the city in order to make ends meet. He is caught by the guards, but is saved by a mysterious figure in a flying carpet. This figure turns out to be the powerful genie of the lamp (Rex Ingram), who grants Abu three wishes.
Abu uses his wishes to help him win the heart of the Princess and defeat Jaffar. He and the Princess embark on a series of adventures, including a battle with a giant spider, a magical journey through a forest of singing trees, and a confrontation with the wicked Jaffar.
In the end, Abu uses his wits and courage to defeat Jaffar and win the Princess’ heart. The two of them are married and live happily ever after in the city of Bagdad.
Where to Watch “The Thief of Bagdad”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Thief of Bagdad”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Thief of Bagdad” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Thief of Bagdad” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Thief of Bagdad