- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Extinction will find you.
- Genres: Horror, Science Fiction, Thriller
- Release Date: 2009-08-30
- Runtime: 94.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Brightlight Pictures, Anagram Pictures, Etch Media, Artifact Films, Corus Entertainment, Téléfilm Canada
Cast & Crew
Val Kilmer, Martha MacIsaac, Aaron Ashmore, Kyle Schmid, Viv Leacock, Steph Song, Anne Marie DeLuise, John Callander, Lamech Kadloo, Evan Adams, Sebastian Stewart, William B. Davis, Alejandro Rae, Alexandra Staseson, Brad Dryborough, Greg Rogers
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Thaw”
The Thaw is a 2009 horror-thriller film directed by Mark A. Lewis. The movie follows a group of students and scientists who are on an Arctic research expedition. The team discovers a deadly organism in the ice that, when thawed, releases a virus that quickly spreads and threatens to wipe out all of mankind.
The students and scientists are led by Dr. David Kruipen (Val Kilmer), an expert in the field of global warming. He is joined by his assistant, Dr. Kate Lloyd (Martha MacIsaac), and the team of students, including the rebellious Tyler (Aaron Ashmore), the athletic Josh (Eric Breker), and the nerdy Alex (Brandon Jay McLaren).
The team discovers an ancient organism frozen in the ice and, against the warnings of Dr. Kruipen, decides to thaw it out. As soon as the organism is thawed, it releases a deadly virus that quickly spreads and threatens to wipe out all of mankind.
Dr. Kruipen leads the team in a race against time to find a cure and save the world. As they search for a cure, they must also battle the elements and survive against the virus-infected wildlife. Meanwhile, the virus is spreading and threatening to overtake the entire world.
The team must find a way to stop the virus before it’s too late. With time running out, they must find a way to save the world and themselves
Where to Watch “The Thaw”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Thaw”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Thaw” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Thaw” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Thaw