- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Screen comedy so gay… drama so thrilling… love so exciting, it will be the talk of YOUR town!
- Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1942-08-20
- Runtime: 118.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures
Cast & Crew
Cary Grant, Jean Arthur, Ronald Colman, Edgar Buchanan, Glenda Farrell, Charles Dingle, Emma Dunn, Rex Ingram, Leonid Kinskey, Tom Tyler, Don Beddoe, William Benedict, Ferike Boros, Al Bridge, Lloyd Bridges, Leslie Brooks, Jack Carr, Gino Corrado, Joe Cunningham, Clyde Fillmore, Frank McLure, Clarence Muse, Frank O’Connor, Blanche Payson, Dewey Robinson, Mabel Todd, George Watts, Lee ‘Lasses’ White, Max Wagner, Frank Mills
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Talk of the Town”
The Talk of the Town is a 1942 romantic comedy-drama set in the small town of Harrington, Connecticut. The story revolves around a former mill worker, Leopold Dilg (Cary Grant), who is accused of arson and sentenced to prison. Dilg escapes and hides out in the home of his former co-worker, Nora Shelley (Jean Arthur). While in hiding, Dilg meets Nora’s friend, the professor Michael Lightcap (Ronald Colman). Michael is a law professor and is determined to prove Dilg’s innocence.
Meanwhile, a local politician, John J. Minify (Edmund Gwenn) is determined to prove Dilg’s guilt and have him sent back to prison. Minify is also Nora’s landlord, and is in love with her. He threatens to evict her if she does not cooperate with him.
Michael and Nora eventually discover that the real arsonist is a man named Joe Radin (Glenn Anders). They are able to prove Dilg’s innocence and he is released from prison.
At the same time, Nora is faced with a dilemma when Minify proposes marriage to her. She is torn between her feelings for Michael and her obligation to Minify. In the end, she decides to marry Minify, but Michael and Dilg remain friends.
The Talk of the Town is a classic romantic comedy-drama that shows the power of friendship and the importance of standing up for what
Where to Watch “The Talk of the Town”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Talk of the Town”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Talk of the Town” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Talk of the Town” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Talk of the Town