- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: When you talk about “The Swimmer” will you talk about yourself?
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 1968-08-09
- Runtime: 95.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Horizon Pictures
Cast & Crew
Burt Lancaster, Janet Landgard, Kim Hunter, Janice Rule, Tony Bickley, Marge Champion, Nancy Cushman, Bill Fiore, Rose Gregorio, David Garfield, Charles Drake, Bernie Hamilton, House Jameson, Jimmy Joyce, Michael Kearney, Jan Miner, Diana Muldaur, Keri Oleson, Joan Rivers, Cornelia Otis Skinner, Dolph Sweet, Louise Troy, Diana Van der Vlis
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Swimmer”
The Swimmer is a 1968 American drama film directed by Frank Perry and starring Burt Lancaster.
The film follows Ned Merrill (Lancaster) as he embarks on a physical and psychological journey through the suburbs of Connecticut. One summer day, Ned decides to swim his way home through the pools of his affluent neighbors. As Ned swims from pool to pool, he reflects on his life and the people he encounters.
Ned begins to realize that his life is not as perfect as he had imagined. He had been living a life of luxury and privilege, but he now sees that his relationships with his family and friends are not as strong as he thought. He begins to question his own identity and the choices he has made in life.
As he continues to swim, Ned is confronted with the consequences of his actions. He meets old acquaintances who have become bitter enemies, and he is forced to confront the truth about his own life. He also discovers the consequences of his choices, and he begins to realize that his life is not as perfect as he had imagined.
Ned eventually makes it home, but he is a changed man. He has gained a newfound appreciation for his family and friends, and he has come to terms with his own identity. The film ends with Ned walking away from his home, a wiser and more enlightened man.
Where to Watch “The Swimmer”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Swimmer”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Swimmer” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Swimmer” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Swimmer