- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Are you eating it… or is it eating you?
- Genres: Horror, Science Fiction, Comedy
- Release Date: 1985-06-14
- Runtime: 93.0 min
- Budget: $1.7 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: New World Pictures, Larco Productions
Cast & Crew
Michael Moriarty, Andrea Marcovicci, Garrett Morris, Paul Sorvino, Scott Bloom, Danny Aiello, Patrick O’Neal, James Dixon, Alexander Scourby, Russell Nype, Gene O’Neill, Catherine Schultz, James Dukas, Peter Hock, Brian Bloom, Ann Dane, Rutanya Alda, Adrianne Sachs, Nicolas De Toth, Brooke Adams, Laurene Landon, Tammy Grimes, Abe Vigoda, Clara Peller, Eric Bogosian, Brad Rijn, Patrick Dempsey, Mira Sorvino, John Newton, Robert Frank Telfer, Colette Blonigan, Heidi Miller
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Stuff”
The Stuff is a 1985 horror/comedy film directed by Larry Cohen. It stars Michael Moriarty as Dave, a former FBI agent who is hired by a company to investigate a mysterious white substance that is being sold as a delicious new dessert.
The substance is called “The Stuff,” and it has become a nationwide sensation. People can’t get enough of it, and it’s quickly becoming the number one dessert in the country. But Dave soon discovers that The Stuff is actually a living organism that is slowly taking over the minds of those who consume it.
The Stuff is actually an alien life form that is being mined from the Earth’s core and sold as a food product. It is capable of infecting people and taking over their minds. Dave teams up with a former industrial saboteur, Nicole (Andrea Marcovicci), and an ex-convict, Chocolate Chip Charlie (Garrett Morris), to try and stop the spread of The Stuff.
Together, they travel across the country, trying to stop the distribution of The Stuff and to uncover the truth behind the mysterious substance. Along the way, they battle a powerful corporation that is determined to keep The Stuff on the market, as well as a religious cult that is devoted to worshipping the alien life form.
In the end, Dave and his team are able to stop the distribution of The Stuff and uncover the truth behind its mysterious origin. However, the cost of their victory is high
Where to Watch “The Stuff”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Stuff”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Stuff” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Stuff” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Stuff