- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: When a deadly conspiracy became a shameful cover-up One witness refused to be silent
- Genres: Crime, Drama
- Release Date: 2009-06-26
- Runtime: 114.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Roadside Attractions, Mpower Pictures, Prime Meridian Pctures, Fallen Films
Cast & Crew
Shohreh Aghdashloo, Mozhan Marnò, Jim Caviezel, Navid Negahban, Ali Pourtash, David Diaan, Parviz Sayyad, Vida Ghahremani, Vachik Mangassarian, Maggie Parto, Prasanna Puwanarajah, Bita Sheibani, Yousef Shweihat, Sahar Bibiyan
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Stoning of Soraya M.”
The Stoning of Soraya M. is a 2009 drama film based on the true story of an Iranian woman who was stoned to death in 1986. The film follows the story of Zahra, a young Iranian woman living in a small village in Iran. She is married to Ali, a cruel and abusive man who has been unfaithful to her. When Zahra discovers that her husband is planning to divorce her and marry a 14-year-old girl, she seeks help from her friend, Freidoune, a journalist.
Freidoune discovers that Soraya, Zahra’s niece, has been falsely accused of adultery by her husband, who is also trying to divorce her. The village elders, led by the local Mullah, decide to hold a public stoning of Soraya in order to punish her for her alleged crime. Despite Zahra’s pleas for mercy, Soraya is stoned to death in front of the entire village.
The film follows the story of Soraya’s death and the aftermath of the stoning. It also explores the struggles of the women in the village and the oppression of women in Iranian society. The film shows the strength and courage of Zahra and Freidoune as they fight for justice for Soraya and the other women in the village. In the end, the film serves as a powerful reminder of the injustices faced by women in many parts of the world.
Where to Watch “The Stoning of Soraya M.”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Stoning of Soraya M.”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Stoning of Soraya M.” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Stoning of Soraya M.” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Stoning of Soraya M.