- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The greatest talking picture novelty ever screened! — A laugh riot from start to finish! A comically clever cartoon classic with music, sound, and original effects
- Genres: Horror, Animation, Family, Music, Comedy
- Release Date: 1929-08-29
- Runtime: 5.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures, Walt Disney Productions
Cast & Crew
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Skeleton Dance”
The Skeleton Dance is a 1929 animated short film released by Walt Disney. It was the first in a series of Silly Symphonies and was directed by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks.
The film opens with four skeletons emerging from their graves and dancing around the cemetery. They perform a lively jig and then move on to various spooky activities, such as playing a game of leapfrog and playing a tune on a set of bones.
The skeletons then move on to a nearby village, where they scare the villagers by playing pranks on them. The villagers eventually catch on to the skeletons’ antics and chase them away.
The skeletons return to the cemetery and continue their dance, but this time they are joined by a group of ghosts. The ghosts and skeletons perform a lively dance, accompanied by a creepy organ music.
The film ends with the skeletons and ghosts retreating back to their graves and the villagers rejoicing that the skeletons have been chased away.
The Skeleton Dance is a classic example of early animation and a must-see for fans of classic Disney films. It’s a fun and spooky short that is sure to entertain audiences of all ages.
Where to Watch “The Skeleton Dance”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Skeleton Dance”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Skeleton Dance” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Skeleton Dance” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Skeleton Dance