- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The festival hit of the year!
- Genres: Drama, Romance, Comedy
- Release Date: 2012-05-02
- Runtime: 95.0 min
- Budget: $1.0 million
- Revenue: $9.1 million
- Production Companies: Rhino Films, Such Much Films
Cast & Crew
John Hawkes, Helen Hunt, William H. Macy, Moon Bloodgood, Annika Marks, W. Earl Brown, Adam Arkin, Rhea Perlman, Robin Weigert, Blake Lindsley, Ming Lo, Rusty Schwimmer, Jennifer Kumiyama, Tobias Forrest, Jarrod Bailey, James Martinez, Daniel Quinn, B.J. Clinkscales
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Sessions”
The Sessions is a 2012 American independent drama film written and directed by Ben Lewin. The movie follows the story of Mark O’Brien (John Hawkes), a 38-year-old man with an iron lung who is determined to lose his virginity.
Mark is a poet and journalist living in Berkeley, California, and due to his condition, he is unable to leave the confines of his iron lung. His best friend, Father Brendan (William H. Macy), a Catholic priest, helps him find a sex surrogate, Cheryl (Helen Hunt), to help him explore his sexuality.
The movie follows Mark and Cheryl’s journey together as they explore his sexuality and his feelings towards her. Cheryl is a professional and experienced sex therapist who helps him to understand and accept his condition and to make him feel comfortable with his sexuality.
The movie also follows Mark’s relationship with his family and friends, as he tries to find a way to live a full life despite his condition. He also struggles with his faith and his relationship with Father Brendan, as he struggles to reconcile his faith with his desire for physical intimacy.
The movie is ultimately a story of hope and courage, as Mark learns to accept his condition and to embrace his sexuality. It is a touching story of a man who, despite his disability, is determined to live a full and meaningful life.
Where to Watch “The Sessions”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Sessions”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Sessions” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Sessions” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Sessions