- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Searchers
- Genres: Western
- Release Date: 1956-05-07
- Runtime: 119.0
- Budget: $3.8 million
- Production Companies: C.V. Whitney Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures
Cast & Crew
John Wayne, Jeffrey Hunter, Vera Miles, Natalie Wood, Ward Bond, John Qualen, Olive Carey, Henry Brandon, Ken Curtis, Harry Carey Jr.-Antonio Moreno, Hank Worden, Beulah Archuletta, Walter Coy, Dorothy Jordan, Pippa Scott, Patrick Wayne, Lana Wood, Mae Marsh, Ruth Clifford, Chuck Roberson, Chuck Hayward
The Searchers is a 1956 American Western film directed by John Ford and starring John Wayne, Jeffrey Hunter, and Natalie Wood. Set during the American Civil War, the film follows a Confederate veteran, Ethan Edwards (John Wayne), who embarks on a quest to find his niece Debbie (Natalie Wood), who was taken captive by Comanche Indians. Along the way, he is joined by Martin Pawley (Jeffrey Hunter), a young man with whom he has a strained relationship. As the two men search for Debbie, they must also confront their own prejudices and the harsh realities of the American West.
The Searchers is a classic Western that is widely considered one of the greatest films ever made. With its sweeping landscapes, iconic performances, and moral complexity, the film has been praised for its technical achievements, visual style, and thematic depth. The film is renowned for its exploration of racism and its complex depiction of Native Americans. It is also remembered for its iconic score, composed by Max Steiner, and its memorable lines of dialogue, such as “That’ll be the day” and “That’ll be all.”
The Searchers has been the subject of critical acclaim
How & Where to Watch “The Searchers”
Wondering where to watch The Searchers?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming The Searchers.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “The Searchers” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “The Searchers” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to The Searchers