- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The boldest story of love you have ever been permitted to see! Seething with realism and frankness!
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1955-12-12
- Runtime: 117.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Paramount
Cast & Crew
Anna Magnani, Burt Lancaster, Marisa Pavan, Ben Cooper, Virginia Grey, Jo Van Fleet, Sandro Giglio, Mimi Aguglia, Florence Sundstrom, Don Bachardy, Larry Chance, Lewis Charles, George Humbert, Dorrit Kelton, May Lee, Augusta Merighi, Rosa Rey, Rossana San Marco, Georgia Simmons, Zolya Talma, Fred Taylor, Hal B. Wallis, Tennessee Williams
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Rose Tattoo”
The Rose Tattoo is a 1955 romantic comedy-drama directed by Elia Kazan and starring Burt Lancaster and Anna Magnani. The movie follows a young Italian-American widow, Serafina Delle Rose (Anna Magnani), who lives in a small fishing village in Mississippi. After the death of her beloved husband, Serafina is left to raise her daughter alone.
Serafina’s life is turned upside down when she discovers that her husband had been unfaithful before his death. She becomes consumed by grief and despair, and her daughter suffers the consequences of her mother’s emotional state.
Serafina’s life begins to change when a handsome truck driver, Alvaro (Burt Lancaster), comes into town. Alvaro is drawn to Serafina’s passionate nature, and the two begin a passionate affair. Serafina is hesitant to open her heart to Alvaro, however, as she is still mourning the death of her husband.
Serafina’s daughter, Rosa (Marisa Pavan), is also drawn to Alvaro, and she begins to feel neglected by her mother. When Serafina discovers that Rosa is in love with Alvaro, she is forced to confront her own feelings for him.
As Serafina and Alvaro’s relationship deepens, they must confront the obstacles of Serafina’s grief and the disapproval of the townspeople. Eventually, Ser
Where to Watch “The Rose Tattoo”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Rose Tattoo”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Rose Tattoo” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Rose Tattoo” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Rose Tattoo