- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Some things shouldn’t be disturbed.
- Genres: Action, Horror, Science Fiction, Thriller
- Release Date: 2010-10-05
- Runtime: 90.0 min
- Budget: $3.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: OffSpring Productions, Workshop Films 2
Cast & Crew
William Forsythe, Stacey Hinnen, Serah D’Laine, Marcus T. Paulk, Carmen Gloria, Dan Benson, Robert Zachar, Scott Martin, Art LaFleur
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Rig”
The Rig is a 2010 horror-thriller film directed by Peter Atencio and starring Matt O’Leary, Rachel Nichols and Joel David Moore.
The film follows two brothers, Danny (Matt O’Leary) and Jimmy (Joel David Moore), who are on a fishing trip in the Gulf of Mexico. As they are fishing, they come across an abandoned oil rig that they decide to explore. Inside, they find a strange, alien-like creature that has been living in the rig.
Danny and Jimmy soon realize that the creature is not alone, as the rig is also home to a group of escaped convicts. The convicts have been using the rig as a hideout for their criminal activities and are now using the creature as a weapon to terrorize anyone who gets too close.
With the help of a local marine biologist, Dr. Jennifer Beck (Rachel Nichols), the brothers must find a way to stop the convicts and save the creature before it’s too late. With the stakes raised and time running out, Danny and Jimmy must use their wits and courage to survive and save the creature.
The Rig is an intense and thrilling ride full of suspense, horror, and action. It is a story of survival, courage, and brotherhood, and will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Where to Watch “The Rig”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Rig”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Rig” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Rig” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Rig