- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The big feature show with a thousand surprises!
- Genres: Documentary, Family, Animation
- Release Date: 1941-06-19
- Runtime: 74.0 min
- Budget: $0.0 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Walt Disney Productions
Cast & Crew
Robert Benchley, Frances Gifford, Buddy Pepper, Nana Bryant, Claud Allister, Barnett Parker, Billy Lee, Florence Gill, Clarence Nash, Norman Ferguson, Ward Kimball, Jimmy Luske, Alan Ladd, Truman Woodworth, Hamilton MacFadden, Maurice Murphy, John Dehner, Walt Disney, Frank Faylen, Gerald Mohr
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Reluctant Dragon”
The Reluctant Dragon is a 1941 Disney comedy-fantasy film starring Robert Benchley, based on the 1898 poem by Kenneth Grahame. The film follows Benchley as he visits the Walt Disney Studios and meets all of the characters and creators of the upcoming feature film, The Reluctant Dragon.
The film begins with Benchley arriving at the Walt Disney Studios, where he is greeted by Walt Disney himself and taken on a tour of the studio. During the tour, Benchley meets many of the staff and animators, and is introduced to the film’s characters. He is then taken to a screening of the film, where he is shown the story of the Reluctant Dragon.
The story follows a young dragon who is born in a cave near a small village. The dragon is a gentle creature who is more interested in poetry and painting than in fighting and terrorizing the villagers. The villagers are afraid of the dragon, and try to get rid of him. However, a brave knight named Sir Giles, who is a friend of the dragon, comes to his rescue. With the help of the knight, the dragon is able to prove his innocence and win the trust of the villagers.
The film also features a number of musical numbers, including a song about the dragon and a song about the knight. The film ends with the dragon being accepted by the villagers, and Benchley leaving the studio with a newfound appreciation for the art of animation.
Where to Watch “The Reluctant Dragon”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Reluctant Dragon”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Reluctant Dragon” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Reluctant Dragon” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Reluctant Dragon