- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Sometimes terrible things happen quite naturally.
- Genres: Drama, Thriller, Horror
- Release Date: 1990-08-28
- Runtime: 95.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: $0.0 million
- Production Companies: BBC Film, National Film Trustee Company, Zenith Entertainment, Fugitive Features, British Screen Productions
Cast & Crew
Viggo Mortensen, Lindsay Duncan, Jeremy Cooper, Sheila Moore, Duncan Fraser, David Longworth, Robert Koons, David Bloom, Evan Hall, Codie Lucas Wilbee, Sherry Bie, Jason Wolfe, Dean Hass, Guy Buller, Jason Brownlow, Jeff Walker, Joyce Robbins, Jacqueline Robbins, Debi Greenawdt, Sandra Redmond, Walt Healy
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Reflecting Skin”
The Reflecting Skin is a 1990 British-American drama film directed by Philip Ridley and starring Viggo Mortensen and Lindsay Duncan. Set in the 1950s in rural Idaho, the film follows Seth, an eight-year-old boy, who is struggling to understand the strange behavior of his beloved older brother Cameron, who is slowly losing his grip on reality.
Seth’s life is further complicated when Dolphin Blue, a mysterious woman, arrives in town, and Cameron, who is obsessed with her, begins to believe she is a vampire. As Cameron’s mental health deteriorates, Seth is forced to confront the dark secrets of his family’s past.
The film follows Seth’s journey of discovery as he confronts his family’s secrets and struggles to come to terms with the truth about Cameron. Along the way, he must also contend with the prejudices of the townspeople, who are suspicious of Dolphin Blue and convinced she is a vampire.
The Reflecting Skin is a dark and haunting story that explores themes of childhood innocence, loss, and the power of imagination. As Seth confronts the truth and comes to terms with his brother’s illness, he must also learn to accept the darkness of his own past.
Where to Watch “The Reflecting Skin”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Reflecting Skin”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Reflecting Skin” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Reflecting Skin” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Reflecting Skin