- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: A story about the memories that haunt us, and the truth that sets us free.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1991-12-25
- Runtime: 132.0 min
- Budget: $30.0 million
- Revenue: $74.8 million
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures
Cast & Crew
Nick Nolte, Barbra Streisand, Blythe Danner, Kate Nelligan, Jeroen Krabbé, Melinda Dillon, George Carlin, Jason Gould, Brad Sullivan, Maggie Collier, Lindsay Wray, Brandlyn Whitaker, Justen Woods, Bobby Fain, Trey Yearwood, Tiffany Jean Davis, Nancy Moore Atchison, Kiki Runyan, Grayson Fricke, Ryan Newman, Chris Stacy, Milton Clark Jr.-Bonnie Johnson, Dottie Soracco, Bob Hannah, Norman Max Maxwell, R.D. Oprea, Rebecca Fleming, Sandy Rowe, Alan Sader, Frederick Neumann, Nick Searcy, Kirk Whalum, Marilyn Carter, Yvonne Erickson, Lee Lively, Ann Pierce, Francis Dumaurier, John Arceri, Warren Kremin, Robert Baglia, Marianne Hettinger, John Simmit, Leon Watkins
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Prince of Tides”
The Prince of Tides is a 1991 romantic drama film directed by Barbra Streisand and starring Nick Nolte and Barbra Streisand.
The story follows Tom Wingo (Nick Nolte), a football coach from South Carolina, who is sent to New York City by his sister Savannah (Melinda Dillon) to help her psychiatrist, Dr. Susan Lowenstein (Barbra Streisand), uncover the truth about their family’s troubled past. As Tom and Susan work together to unravel the secrets of his family’s past, they develop a deep bond and soon find themselves falling in love.
Tom’s journey to uncover the truth is a difficult one, as he must confront the demons of his past, including his own struggles with alcoholism and his family’s dark secrets. As Tom and Susan dig deeper into the past, they discover a shocking truth that could tear apart the Wingo family forever.
The Prince of Tides is a powerful story of love, family, and redemption, as Tom and Susan learn to confront their fears and find the strength to move forward. Despite the obstacles that stand in their way, Tom and Susan find the courage to fight for their love, and in the process, discover the healing power of love.
Where to Watch “The Prince of Tides”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Prince of Tides”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Prince of Tides” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Prince of Tides” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Prince of Tides