- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline:
- Genres: Documentary
- Release Date: 2006-10-06
- Runtime: 151.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Kasander Film Company, Mischief Films, Lone Star Productions, Amoeba Films
Cast & Crew
Slavoj Žižek, Alfred Hitchcock
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema”
The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema is a 2006 documentary film directed by Sophie Fiennes and written and presented by Slovenian philosopher and psychoanalyst Slavoj Žižek.
The film follows Žižek as he examines and explains the hidden meanings and messages behind some of the most iconic films of all time. He explores the works of some of the greatest directors, including Alfred Hitchcock, Stanley Kubrick and David Lynch, and explores how their movies reflect and comment on the human condition.
The film begins with Žižek discussing the concept of the “pervert” in cinema, and how it is used to explore the human psyche and its hidden desires and fears. He then uses clips from some of the most famous films in history to illustrate his points.
Žižek looks at the films of Hitchcock, Kubrick and Lynch, and explains how they use the pervert to explore the darker side of humanity. He looks at how Hitchcock uses the pervert in his films to explore the dark side of sexuality, and how Kubrick uses the pervert to explore the power dynamics between men and women. He also looks at how Lynch uses the pervert to explore the human capacity for evil and violence.
The film then moves on to explore some of the other great directors, such as Federico Fellini, Ingmar Bergman and Jean-Luc Godard. Žižek examines
Where to Watch “The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema