- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The dramatic case of a beautiful woman whose trial for murder held the nation spellbound.
- Genres: Crime, Drama, Romance, Thriller
- Release Date: 1947-12-31
- Runtime: 114.0 min
- Budget: $4.3 million
- Revenue: $2.1 million
- Production Companies: Vanguard Films, The Selznick Studio
Cast & Crew
Gregory Peck, Ann Todd, Alida Valli, Charles Laughton, Charles Coburn, Ethel Barrymore, Louis Jourdan, Leo G. Carroll, Joan Tetzel, Isobel Elsom, Harry ‘Snub’ Pollard, Kenner G. Kemp, Colin Kenny, Bert Stevens, Arthur Tovey, Sam Harris
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Paradine Case”
The Paradine Case is a 1947 American courtroom drama film directed by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Gregory Peck, Ann Todd, Charles Laughton, and Alida Valli.
The film follows the story of a beautiful and mysterious foreign woman, Mrs. Paradine (Valli), who is accused of murdering her blind husband. Anthony Keane (Peck), a successful London barrister, is hired to defend her.
Keane is immediately taken with the enigmatic Mrs. Paradine and goes to great lengths to prove her innocence, despite warnings from his wife Gay (Todd) that he is too close to his client. As he continues to investigate, Keane discovers a tangled web of secrets and lies that may involve his own family.
The court case takes a dramatic turn when Mrs. Paradine’s former lover, Andre Latour (Louis Jourdan), takes the stand. Latour reveals that Mrs. Paradine was once in love with him, and that her husband had been blackmailing her.
The trial reaches its climax when Keane finally reveals the truth about Mrs. Paradine’s past and her relationship with Latour. In the end, the jury finds Mrs. Paradine not guilty and Keane is praised for his brilliant defense.
The Paradine Case is a gripping courtroom drama that will keep you on the edge of your seat. With an all-star cast, Hitchcock’s masterful direction, and a riveting story, the film is a must
Where to Watch “The Paradine Case”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Paradine Case”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Paradine Case” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Paradine Case” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Paradine Case