- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: God help Bobby and Helen, they’re in love in Needle Park
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 1971-06-01
- Runtime: 110.0 min
- Budget: $1.6 million
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: 20th Century Fox, gadd productions corp.-Didion, Dunne
Cast & Crew
Al Pacino, Kitty Winn, Alan Vint, Richard Bright, Kiel Martin, Michael McClanathan, Warren Finnerty, Marcia Jean Kurtz, Raúl Juliá, Angie Ortega, Larry Marshall, Paul Mace, Nancy MacKay, Gil Rogers, Joe Santos, Paul Sorvino, Arnold Williams, Vic Ramano, Bryant Fraser, Dora Weissman, Sully Boyar, Florence Tarlow, Rutanya Alda, Anthony Palmer, Anthony Caso, Jeffrey Walker
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Panic in Needle Park”
The Panic in Needle Park is a 1971 romantic drama set in the gritty streets of Manhattan’s Upper West Side. The story follows Bobby (Al Pacino), a young man who has just been released from prison. He meets Helen (Kitty Winn), a young woman who has been living on the streets and is struggling with a heroin addiction.
The two quickly fall in love, and Bobby moves in with Helen at the infamous Needle Park, a gathering spot for drug addicts in the area. Despite their love for each other, Bobby and Helen’s relationship is strained by their addiction. Bobby is able to find odd jobs to support himself and Helen, but Helen’s addiction continues to spiral out of control.
The couple’s relationship is further complicated by the arrival of Rico (Richard Bright), an old friend of Bobby’s from prison. Rico is also a drug addict and quickly becomes a rival for Helen’s affections. Bobby and Rico fight over Helen, and the two become increasingly hostile towards each other.
Bobby and Helen’s relationship continues to deteriorate as their addiction deepens. Bobby tries to get clean, but he is unable to stay away from drugs for long. Helen’s addiction also continues to worsen, and she eventually becomes pregnant. Bobby and Helen try to make a go of it, but their relationship is eventually destroyed by their addiction and Rico’s interference.
The Panic in Needle Park is a heartbreaking look at the struggles of addiction and the
Where to Watch “The Panic in Needle Park”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Panic in Needle Park”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Panic in Needle Park” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Panic in Needle Park” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Panic in Needle Park