- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The joy of the New York City Ballet in an exciting family holiday motion picture.
- Genres: Fantasy, Music, Family
- Release Date: 1993-11-24
- Runtime: 93.0 min
- Budget: $19.0 million
- Revenue: $2.1 million
- Production Companies: Regency Enterprises, Elektra Entertainment Group
Cast & Crew
Kevin Kline, Darci Kistler, Damian Woetzel, Bart Robinson Cook, Kyra Nichols, Jessica Lynn Cohen, Macaulay Culkin
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Nutcracker”
The Nutcracker is a 1993 American fantasy film based on the classic story of the same name. The film follows Clara Stahlbaum (Mackenzie Astin) and her family, who are preparing for the Christmas holiday. Clara is given a nutcracker as a gift from her godfather, Drosselmeyer (Kiefer Sutherland). Little does she know that this nutcracker is actually a prince who has been cursed by the evil Rat King (Dennis Dugan).
Clara soon finds herself in a magical world where the Nutcracker is a prince and the Rat King is a powerful villain. With the help of the Sugar Plum Fairy (Keiko Agena), Clara must help the Nutcracker defeat the Rat King and break the curse. Along the way, Clara meets a host of magical characters, including a toy soldier, a dancing snowman, and a living gingerbread man.
Clara and the Nutcracker must battle their way through the Rat King’s army of rats and other creatures in order to save the kingdom. Along the way, they learn the power of friendship and the importance of believing in yourself. In the end, Clara and the Nutcracker are able to break the curse and restore peace to the kingdom.
Where to Watch “The Nutcracker”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Nutcracker”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Nutcracker” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Nutcracker” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Nutcracker