- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: From the very beginning, she was not like the others…
- Genres: Drama
- Release Date: 1959-06-18
- Runtime: 149.0 min
- Budget: $3.5 million
- Revenue: $12.8 million
- Production Companies: Warner Bros. Pictures
Cast & Crew
Audrey Hepburn, Peter Finch, Edith Evans, Peggy Ashcroft, Dean Jagger, Mildred Dunnock, Beatrice Straight, Patricia Collinge, Rosalie Crutchley, Ruth White, Barbara O’Neil, Margaret Phillips, Patricia Bosworth, Colleen Dewhurst, Stephen Murray, Lionel Jeffries, Niall MacGinnis, Eva Kotthaus, Molly Urquhart, Dorothy Alison, Jeanette Sterke, Errol John, Diana Lambert, Orlando Martins, Penelope Horner, Charles Lamb, Ave Ninchi, Richard O’Sullivan, Frank Singuineau, Elsa Albani, Gabriella Andreini, Juan Aymerich, Grazia De Rossi, Giovanna Galletti
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Nun’s Story”
The Nun’s Story is a 1959 drama directed by Fred Zinnemann and starring Audrey Hepburn. It tells the story of Sister Luke (Hepburn), a Belgian woman who joins a convent in the hopes of becoming a nun.
The movie begins with Sister Luke’s initial entrance into the convent and her struggles to adjust to the strict religious lifestyle. She is determined to become a nun, but is often met with resistance from the other nuns who feel she is too worldly and independent. Despite this, Sister Luke persists and eventually takes her vows.
The movie then follows Sister Luke as she embarks on a journey to Africa to serve as a nurse in a mission hospital. She is tasked with treating lepers and other diseases, and is forced to confront the harsh realities of life in the Congo. Throughout her work, Sister Luke is tested by her faith and her commitment to the Church.
The movie culminates with Sister Luke’s return to Belgium and her decision to leave the convent. She is torn between her religious convictions and her desire for a more fulfilling life, and ultimately chooses to leave the Church.
The Nun’s Story is a powerful and thought-provoking drama that examines the struggles of faith and the difficulty of making difficult life decisions. It features an excellent performance by Audrey Hepburn and is an engaging and thought-provoking film.
Where to Watch “The Nun’s Story”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Nun’s Story”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Nun’s Story” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Nun’s Story” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Nun’s Story