- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: It can take a lifetime to feel alive.
- Genres: Drama, Romance
- Release Date: 2003-11-14
- Runtime: 112.0 min
- Budget: $2.5 million
- Revenue: $1.1 million
- Production Companies: Not Available
Cast & Crew
Anne Reid, Daniel Craig, Peter Vaughan, Steven Mackintosh, Cathryn Bradshaw, Anna Wilson, Jones, Danira Gović, Izabella Telezynska, Oliver Ford Davies, Jonah Coombes
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Mother”
The Mother is a 2003 British drama film directed by Roger Michell and written by Hanif Kureishi. The film stars Anne Reid as May, a woman in her 70s who is living a dull and stagnant life in the suburbs of London. After her husband dies, she is left feeling lonely and unfulfilled.
When her daughter Paula (Catharine Keener) and her family come to visit, May is excited to spend time with them. However, she soon finds out that Paula and her husband are planning to move away and Paula’s brother Bobby (Steven Mackintosh) is planning to move in with his girlfriend. May is devastated and feels like her life is over.
In an effort to find some joy and purpose, May starts to explore her sexuality and begins an affair with Darren (Daniel Craig), a much younger man whom she meets at a local pub. She soon finds herself in a passionate and fulfilling relationship with him, which leads to her reconnecting with her daughter and her family.
The film follows May as she navigates the ups and downs of her newfound relationship and how it impacts her life and the lives of those around her. May must learn to embrace her newfound freedom while also dealing with the consequences of her choices. She must also confront her own insecurities and fears in order to find a balance between her old life and her new one.
The Mother is a heart-warming and poignant story about love, family,
Where to Watch “The Mother”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Mother”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Mother” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Mother” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Mother