- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: The Missing
- Genres: Thriller, Western, Adventure
- Release Date: 2003-11-26
- Runtime: 135.0
- Budget: $60.0 million
- Revenue: $38.4 million
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures, Imagine Entertainment, Revolution Studios, Daniel Ostroff Productions
Cast & Crew
Cate Blanchett, Tommy Lee Jones, Evan Rachel Wood, Jenna Boyd, Aaron Eckhart, Val Kilmer, Eric Schweig, Steve Reevis, Jay Tavare, Simon Baker, Ray McKinnon, Max Perlich, Elisabeth Moss, Clint Howard, Rance Howard, Deborah Martinez, Scarlett McAlister, Arron Shiver, David Midthunder, Sergio Calderón, Ramon Frank, Deryle J. Lujan, Rod Rondeaux, Angelina Torres
The Missing is a 2003 American Western drama film directed by Ron Howard and starring Tommy Lee Jones and Cate Blanchett. Set in 1885 New Mexico, the film tells the story of a father’s (Jones) desperate search for his daughter (Evan Rachel Wood) who has been kidnapped by a mysterious group of Apache Indians.
The film opens with a family of settlers, the McCandless family, who are attacked by a group of Apache Indians. The father, Samuel McCandless (Jones), is knocked unconscious during the attack and wakes up to find his daughter, Maggie (Evan Rachel Wood), missing.
Samuel is determined to find Maggie and sets out on a dangerous journey across the desert to find her. Along the way, he meets an old Apache medicine man, Brake (Eric Schweig), who helps him on his quest. Brake also reveals that the Apache are being led by a mysterious and powerful figure known as “The Alchemist” (Javier Bardem).
Samuel eventually finds Maggie, but discovers that she has been brainwashed by The Alchemist and is now an Apache warrior. In order to save her, Samuel must battle The Alchemist and his army of Apache warriors.
How & Where to Watch “The Missing”
Wondering where to watch The Missing?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming The Missing.
Note: If you are not able to find any streaming platform listed above, it could be because of the regional restriction or because the title is actually not available on any of the platform.
Here’s how to watch it if it is not available in your country.
Unlock “The Missing” & Watch it Anywhere in the World with VPN
Not able to find “The Missing” in your region?
We’ve got a solution – use a VPN like CyberGhost or Nordvpn.
Why Should You Use a VPN?
A VPN does not just keep your internet browsing safe and private, it also unlocks unlimited content that might otherwise be restricted in your region. So, you can access and enjoy various shows and movies on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Prime Video.
A VPN works by changing your IP address with one from a different region. This way, it seems like you’re browsing from that region, and voila – you can bypass regional blocks.
Top Reasons to Stream with a VPN:
- Access Geo-restricted Content: With a VPN, you can watch movies and shows from all over the world and not just those available in your region.
- Data Protection: A VPN protects your data from potential threats helping you keep your personal details safe.
- No More Slow Streaming: Some internet service providers might slow your connection during high-demand streaming times. A VPN helps you avoid this, ensuring smooth streaming.
We recommend CyberGhost and NordVPN – two of the most trusted names in the VPN industry.
Special VPN Offer:
- CyberGhost is offering our readers a 45-day money-back guarantee plus a Whopping 82% discount.
- NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a special 63% discount.
Recommended Movies similar to The Missing