- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Paul Stevens’ high school science project has gotten a little out of hand. He just built an atomic bomb. Now he’s got 11 hours to make sure it doesn’t work.
- Genres: Science Fiction, Thriller
- Release Date: 1986-06-13
- Runtime: 118.0 min
- Budget: $18.0 million
- Revenue: $3.9 million
- Production Companies: 20th Century Fox, Gladden Entertainment
Cast & Crew
John Lithgow, Christopher Collet, Cynthia Nixon, Jill Eikenberry, John Mahoney, Richard Jenkins, Robert Sean Leonard, Steve Blum, Sarah Burke
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Manhattan Project”
The Manhattan Project is a 1986 American science fiction film directed by Marshall Brickman and starring John Lithgow, Christopher Collet, Cynthia Nixon, and Jill Eikenberry.
The film follows the story of Paul Stephens (Christopher Collet), a high school student whose science project on building a nuclear reactor catches the attention of the United States government. Paul is recruited by the Department of Defense to join a top-secret project to build an atomic bomb. Paul is initially excited to be part of such a prestigious project, but soon realizes the consequences of his actions as he watches the effects of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Paul is torn between his duty to the government and his conscience, as he is forced to confront the implications of his work. With the help of his mentor, Nobel Prize-winning physicist Dr. Alfred Mendel (John Lithgow), Paul begins to question the morality of his actions and is determined to find a way to stop the project.
The film follows Paul as he struggles to come to terms with his involvement in the project and the devastating consequences of his work. With the help of Dr. Mendel, Paul discovers a way to prevent the bomb from being used and is able to save the world from nuclear destruction. The film ends with a hopeful message that even in the face of overwhelming odds, one person can make a difference.
Where to Watch “The Manhattan Project”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Manhattan Project”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Manhattan Project” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Manhattan Project” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Manhattan Project