- Status: Released
- Movie Tagline: Warms Your Heart! STIRS YOUR BLOOD! and fires your imagination!
- Genres: Comedy, Drama
- Release Date: 1955-02-09
- Runtime: 138.0 min
- Budget: Not Available
- Revenue: Not Available
- Production Companies: Rota Productions, Columbia Pictures
Cast & Crew
Tyrone Power, Maureen O’Hara, Robert Francis, Donald Crisp, Ward Bond, Betsy Palmer, Philip Carey, William Leslie, Harry Carey Jr.-Patrick Wayne, Sean McClory, Peter Graves, Milburn Stone, Erin O’Brien, Moore, Walter Ehlers, Willis Bouchey, Ken Curtis, Tom Hennesy, Martin Milner, Mickey Simpson, Harry Tenbrook, Jean Moorhead
Synopsis – What to Expect from “The Long Gray Line”
The Long Gray Line is a 1955 drama directed by John Ford and starring Tyrone Power, Maureen O’Hara, and Robert Francis.
The film follows the story of Marty Maher, an Irish immigrant who joined the United States Army in 1892. He quickly rises from a private to a drill instructor at West Point, and is eventually promoted to the rank of Commandant of Cadets. Over the years, he mentors and influences generations of cadets, and earns the respect and admiration of the entire West Point community.
The film follows Marty’s life over the course of several decades, showing his relationships with his wife Mary, and his students, including the cadets who eventually become generals and presidents. The film culminates in a climactic scene in which Marty, now in his 70s, must face the fact that he is no longer able to fulfill his duties as Commandant.
The Long Gray Line is a powerful drama that celebrates the loyalty and courage of the United States Army. Through its compelling characters and sweeping cinematography, it captures the spirit and values of the American military.
Where to Watch “The Long Gray Line”
If you are wondering where to watch “The Long Gray Line”?
Here are the platforms that are currently streaming “The Long Gray Line” :
Note: The Justwatch widget detects your country and shows which streaming services have the title available. If no services are listed, it’s either because:
- The movie is not streaming in your country – Justwatch checks which platforms have the rights to show the title in your region.
- The movie is not actually streaming on any streaming platform – Justwatch checks all major streaming platforms, but some titles may not be available on any service.
The easy way to find out if it is blocked in your region is to use a VPN.
How to Use a VPN to Access More Titles
Here’s how you can use a VPN to watch “The Long Gray Line” or any other title from anywhere in the world:
- Download and install a VPN app on your device. We recommend CyberGhostVPN or NordVPN.
- Connect to a server in another country where the title might be available. For example, try connecting to a US server.
- Check JustWatch again. It will now show services available in that country.
- Pick a streaming service and enjoy the title! The VPN encrypts your traffic so that it appears you’re in that country.
Using a VPN gives you access to more titles and lets you bypass geographic restrictions. Just connect to a different country and you can stream shows worldwide!
For a limited time, you can get CyberGhostVPN for 82% off and NordVPN for 63% off!
Both VPNs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try them risk-free. With the discount, CyberGhostVPN is as little as $2.15/month and NordVPN is just $3.30/month.
Take advantage of these low prices to unlock more content and browse securely!
Recommended Movies similar to The Long Gray Line